This is a new series here at We Buy Houses in Socal – we take a look at a variety of real estate Tiktoks and show you some great content from around the world.
Some give you advice on real estate, some show off beautifully designed houses from all corners of the Earth, and some will show you special DIY tips that you can implement into your own home.
So sit back, relax, and let us guide you through our wonderful Tiktok Tuesday.
The wise and wonderful Mr. Dan Choi shows us a couple of things that you should do when you finally move into your dream home.
If you don’t want to rewatch the video – or if you would just like to have a list handy for when you do move into your dream home, we have it all prepared for you.
- Change the locks of your home – you don’t know who has a copy of the keys. As an added recommendation, getting keyless locks such as Schlage Smart Lock will definitely help with your security, and overall look for your home.
- Place new batteries into your smoke detectors. We also recommend getting new smoke detectors as well, if the current ones are old.
- Install new C0 (carbon monoxide) detectors. As Mr.Choi said earlier, these are relatively inexpensive and can be changed out every 5 to 10 years. It’s an added security measure, and you’ll only need one per floor.
- Change out the old air filters. If the past homeowners haven’t done this yet, you should definitely do it now. Air filters can be changed every 3-5 months and will rid your home’s air of any debris.
- Replace your old toilet seat covers. This is a great way to make your new house officially feel like home. As an added recommendation, you can add a bidet to your master bathroom or to all the bathrooms in your house. It’s a great addition to the home and will keep you nice and clean.
Before you officially move in – get pest control done around and in your home. It will get rid of any of multiple-legged tenants within your home and will keep your family safe for years to come.
The funny and truthful Mark Salerno of Salerno Real Estate explains a couple of white lies that realtors may tell you before the purchase of a home.
Here’s a quick breakdown of this hilarious Tiktok
- “If you don’t buy this house, I’ll buy it myself!”
- “For 25% less”
If your realtor uses this sales tactic, take a look at Zillow and see the surrounding properties.
Check the square footage and interior design, and if the prices are lower – you can negotiate a lower price for the home.
- “The home is fully renovated!”
- It’s not
As we have mentioned earlier, Zillow is your friend in this regard. The home should have some pictures of the interior.
If you want to make sure that your realtor is telling the truth – go ahead and plan a walkthrough. That way – you can see for your own eyes if the home is renovated or not.
- “I have two buyers ready for your home!”
- “Just kidding I just want the listing”
If the realtor says this, just know that you should never go over your budget just to get that home. There will always be an opportunity to get another home, for a better price.
For a final video, we wanted to show you some extraordinary houses in Singapore
Which ones would you buy if you had all the money in the world?
We Buy Houses in Southern California
As a couple of Southern Californians ourselves, we buy houses fast in Southern California for the sake of helping our fellow Californians. We buy houses fast in Southern California and in any condition, to help those who need some cash to fulfill a pressing need that they may have.
Wondering what we can offer for your SoCal home? You’ve found the best people to help – give us a call at (657) 206-0121 or fill out the form here to get an offer within 24 hours.
Let us help you find your sunny days again, together.